It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like FiXmas
The tell-tale signs are all around us. Your favorite radio station just switched to Christmas music, Schnucks is pushing whole turkeys. Furniture stores are running semi-annual going-out-of-business sales.
This can only mean one thing – the FiXmas season is upon us. Sure, it’s the season of gratitude, joy, goodwill to men, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda. But as you count your blessings, is it a crime to count among them a house that’s in good shape for you and your guests to enjoy?
So, it’s time for making a list and checking it twice, no time to remodel, so let’s keep it concise. Here’s our TOP TEN list for the simplest, most guest-noticeable repairs this FiXmas season.
- Get that doorbell to work to avoid a bad 1st impression.
- Replace discolored caulk around tubs and showers.
- Make that door fully “click” when closed.
- Get bi-fold and sliding closet doors back on their tracks.
- Remove ominous stains from your ceiling, and fix the leak above it while you’re at it.
- Keep that toilet from continuing to run.
- Patch those cracks in your walls.
- Stop the dripping from your bathroom sink and tub faucets.
- Replace or fix that missing or broken pop-up stopper in your bathroom sink.
- Make sure something happens in guest rooms when light switches are flipped.
The holiday season may be mostly about giving to others, but a house that’s in good shape is BOTH a gift to yourself AND a gift to your guests. Now, THAT’s the FiXmas spirit.