You don’t need Paris to end climate change in your home
When you think about it, isn’t it amazing that Americans now EXPECT the inside of their homes to always be the SAME TEMPERATURE? Every single day of the year? No matter what’s going on outside? As they might say at the Yakov Smirnoff dinner theater in Branson, “What a country!”
And, just like the final act of every show in Branson we, too, at Fix St Louis salute America’s exceptionalism and progress, so make no apologies for our nation’s unending quest to make our homes more comfortable. We pay no heed to those handwringing, cardigan-wearing naysayers who tell us we must scale-back our lifestyles – those people who THINK of themselves as ‘sophisticated’ yet, would you believe, have never even HEARD of the Baldknobbers or the Dixie Stampede?
Here are just a few of the ways Fix St Louis can help you, with little to no sacrifice, put an end to climate change on the inside of your home:
- Weatherstrip around your front door to keep cold air out.
- Place ceiling fans throughout your home, even on ceilings that have no wiring.
- Add insulation to your attic.
- Install a whole house fan on your hallway ceiling to cool your home in the pre- and post-air conditioning seasons.
- Add an attic fan to keep your attic from getting excessively hot, which can trap hot air in your home.
- Fill-in all the gaps around your house using caulk, mortar, lumber, and siding.
Let’s show the rest of the world how to live as we seek life, liberty, and the pursuit of comfort, which I’ve got to believe is a necessary subset of “happiness,” am I right? Let them have their Paris. We’ll always have Branson.
Fix St Louis